Subject: Fines concerning infringements of directive on privacy and electronic communications
From: Line Fensten Jørgensen <[email-masked]>
To: "AKI info"
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2025 16:52:21 +0200

Dear Data Protection Inspectorate,

I hope this email finds you well.

The Danish Agency for Digital Governance conducts oversight with the
eprivacy directive and in relation to that, we kindly ask for your
experience regarding the issuing of administrative fines concerning
infringements of the directive on privacy and electronic communications
(directive 2002/58/EC).

The Danish Agency for Digital Governance is particularly interested in
fines imposed on infringements of article 5(1) and 5(3) of the directive.

*         How often do you impose administrative fines?

*         What has been the level of the fines and how are the fines
calculated?

*         If there are any differences between the issuing of fines for
respectively cookies and similar technologies and breaches on the
processing of electronic communications data, it would be greatly
appreciated if these would be emphasized.

Furthermore, we would appreciate any information on how you deal with the
evidentiary burden of the cases.

We would appreciate receiving your response by March 1st.

We look forward to your answer,

Kind regards,

Line Fensten Jørgensen
Office for Digital Regulation and Supervision

M  +45 21 67 30 14
E    <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

 <http://www.digst.dk/> www.digst.dk - fordi hverdagen er digital

Please be aware that the Agency of Digital Government, upon receiving your
message, processes the personal data about you that is included in the
message. This is done as part of the Agency of Digital Government's
exercise of authority. You can read more about how the Agency of Digital
Government processes your personal data, and what rights you have as a
data subject, in the agency's privacy policy at
<https://en.digst.dk/about-us/about-endigstdk/privacy-policy/>
https://en.digst.dk/about-us/about-endigstdk/privacy-policy/